Friday 11 April 2014

Evaluation Question 2 (FINAL)


Pick a key image of your artist from your magazine (ideally the cover image). Take a screengrab of a reasonable sized image of them. Think of one or more recording artists/stars from other magazines with some similarity to them (but maybe some differences too!), find an image on the web of that/those stars and grab it as well. Drop the two into Photoshop, as a split screen. Export this splitscreen image as a jpeg then drop onto your blog and write about the similarities and differences in terms of appearance, costume etc.


My artist has a lot of similarities to the artist Feist also some differences.


Feist is a innovative artist in the music world a lot like my own. The artist I have used creates the same type of music. They are have a similar style as well with a basic fashion style. Fiest and my artist have some differences such as the age difference with Fiest being 38 and my artist being 16. Featuring Feist in my magazine, I feel, would be appropriate and appeal to my target audience as much the artist that I have already aimed at.
The genre of music that both of the artists perform are quite different but in some ways they are similar. I say this because the genres of music they do perform are unique and do not conform to traditional conventions which also makes them more favourable with the age group that they are aimed at. Because they don't conform to these conventions, it makes it the artist perfect for the magazine and age group. 
The outfits that the two artists are wearing are quite different as they add different elements into the genre. Feist adds quite a tomboy feel to the genre whilst my artist adds a J-Pop element which suits the genre more than the tomboy style. 
I think that both Feist and my artist 'break the mould' of mainstream music add add a very different twist on music that already exists.



No comments:

Post a Comment