Friday 17 January 2014

Language Register

Language Register
The language register that I will use in my magazine will probably be formal but still aiming for informality to suit the audience of the magazine, 'Indie Scenesters'. This will be a difficult balance of trying to keep the audience interested whilst trying to keep it formal and stylised. The 8-Bit influence of the magazine would cause a small amount informality in the language to make sure the style doesn't look out of place. 


The example above would cause the language to be slightly informal but within the theme of my magazine (Eastern Informality). When I say Eastern Informality I means that it is going to be largely centered around around oriental culture which includes Anime, Cosplay etc. This adds an exclusivity to the magazine making it enter into a niche market. I don't aim to exclude more  people than it includes but I do want it to be aimed at a very specific audience.
I'm not expecting to use large/loud words in my magazine as it does not suit the style of the magazine.
In interviews and articles I expect the people that I interview to be at two ends of the extreme. They will either be extremely chatty and wanting to tell me all about themselves or very monosyllabic and reserved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment