Tuesday 21 January 2014

Prelim Evaluation

How does your prelim represent particular social groups?
My basic design with functional features represents the 6th Form social group that I do not have a lot of time to read the magazine. The contents can be read easily and features are quick and easy to find. The photo on the cover of the magazine, paired with the main cover line represents the group by displaying that at the moment they are reading it that they may not know what they are doing in the future. The choice of 'Being Different' is still open at this point.

Who would be the intended audience for your magazine?
The intended audience would be 6th Form students (Year 12 and 13/16 to 18 year old). This audience would be male and female.

How did you attract/address your audience?
I attracted my audience with a large, eye catching font along with an interesting cover photo. I also used basic, functional features so that people didn't have to look all the way through the magazine to find one topic or article that they were looking for. I addressed my audience in a formal/informal way to try to keep them interested.  

What have you learnt about the technologies from the process of creating this product?
I have become familiar with the camera I will use for my final shoot and also Adobe Photoshop that I will have to use. I can now confidently use the basic tools in Photoshop to create a basic front cover for my magazine. I can also take an average/good photo on the camera I will be using. This should improve as I should have more time then I did before allowing me to get the best shot possible.

1 comment:

  1. Harry you have demonstrated some excellent research/planning skills so far. There is a clear idea of your mag - I can feel it taking shape! To secure the top level you should ensure that the 3 analyses of the fc/dps/content are as detailed as can be and all presented in the best format. You also need to tidy your blog by making sure that all prelim work is together etc Finally make sure that your pitch, playlist and any other planning ideas you have made are all on your blog.

    ReplyDelete